Summary of Bass Tournament Special Olympics Event, September 22, 2018
On behalf of HRI Vending, Inc., and the Special Olympics Organization of Wisconsin, we would like to thank you for your contribution toward our first annual Bass Fishing Tournament & Event, held on September 22nd.
Because of you, a special experience was shared between the athletes, anglers, volunteers and community that was genuinely priceless. The smiles and unity felt and seen between all, was truly heart-stirring and one to be cherished. Again, because of you!
Your efforts resulted in:
- 15 Special Olympic Athlete’s participated in the Fishing Clinic
- 9 registered tournament boats and 17 anglers
- 10 tangible donations for silent auction and raffle received from local and metro Milwaukee businesses
- $2,200 raised, comprised from:
- Raffle, silent auction and private donations (100% to Special Olympics)
- Bass Tournament Registration Fee’s (25% to Special Olympics)
The funds raised from the event, will be donated back to the Greater Milwaukee athletes, of which 96% will be earmarked for program efforts and 4% devoted to administrative costs.
In closing, please know that you have made a difference in the lives of the 1,900 athletes this chapter supports. Because of you, the children and adults with disabilities in the Special Olympics Organization, will continue to have opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage and experience joy while participating in year-around training’s and competitions.
We are grateful that so many generous souls have supported this cause. Thank you for helping us provide a special day and future support, to some pretty amazing and loving children and adults. We are looking forward to hosting this event again in 2019!
Our Sincerest Appreciation,
HRI Vending, Inc.
When: September 22nd at Gina’s Sport Dock
Where: W278N2345 Prospect Avenue, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Time: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm (must be within 50 ft of the dock by 3pm)
- 6:30 am-6:45 am: Welcome and Angler Q&A at Gina’s Sports Doc
- 7:00 am: Boat Take Off
- 3:00 pm: Weigh-In (must be within 50 ft of the dock by 3:00 pm)
- $150.00 per team
- Prize Pay Out: 75%
- Special Olympics Donation: 25%
- Five fish per team bag limit
- No live bait
- Dead fish penalty: One pound per dead fish off of total weight
- Undersized fish on weigh-in are grounds for automatic disqualification
- Life jackets required while large motor is running
- Pre-fishing is allowed until 11:59 pm on September 21st
Additional Event Day Activities:
Special Olympic Athlete Fishing Clinic 12:00pm to 2:00pm – FREE for all athletes. Registration is required. See form below.
Raffle & Silent Auction 4:00pm – All proceeds donated to Special Olympics
If you would like to contribute an item toward the raffle, please email Kym Hytry at email@example.com. Please include a description of the item. Kym will contact you to discuss pick up or delivery of item in time for the event. 100% of the raffle proceeds will be donated to the Special Olympics Organization of Wisconsin.
A monetary donation can be sent to HRI Vending at W184S8372 Challenger Drive, Muskego, WI 53150. Checks should be made out to Special Olympics of Wisconsin; in the memo line of the check, please include “HRI Fishing Benefit”.
Special Olympics Wisconsin, Inc.
Blando Door Company
Edgewater Supper Club
Foolery’s Liquid Therapy
Gina’s Sports Dock
Hollywood’s Roadhouse Bar & Grille
KMMBT Bass Anglers
US Anglers Choice
West Allis Car Wash